JENNY MCCARTHY DENIES SHE WAS CRUEL TO COUSIN MELISSA MCCARTHY
Jenny McCarthy wants to set the record straight that she and Melissa McCarthy are not estranged. The comedian recently spoke with People to make it clear that she has nothing but love for her successful cousin even though she will not be attending her wedding to Mark Wahlberg.
Jenny told the magazine, "There is a crazy story going around that I once told my cousin, Melissa, that she would have to lose weight in order to get into show business. Nothing could be further from the truth. When she was starting out, I was fortunate enough to be in a position to get her a job on a show I was doing, to learn the ropes and get some experience on a TV set in front of the camera and behind the scenes. She has accomplished everything she has accomplished through hard work and her extraordinary talent, and I've only ever encouraged and supported and wished her the very best."
- The bride-to-be also explained, "They also say that I've 'banned' Melissa from my upcoming wedding, which is also ridiculous. Donnie and I are planning a very intimate ceremony that will involve a very small group of our closest friends and that's it -- not a huge production with hundreds of friends and extended families. It's hurtful that people make up stories that pit not just families, but specifically women, against each other."
GWYNETH PALTROW AND CHRIS MARTIN ARE NOT BACK TOGETHER
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are still consciously uncoupled. The Coldplay singer recently appeared on L.A. radio show, Valentine in the Morning, where he discussed the current status of his marriage to the Oscar-winning actress.
He explained, "The truth is...well, I don't really love talking about this stuff. But the thing we told everyone at the beginning of the year is true. We are very close. We are not together. But we're, you know, that's the truth and that's it. You know, there's a lot of love. No scandal, I'm afraid. I wish I could give you scandal."
- Gwyneth and Chris first announced their split back in March but have sparked speculation of reconciliation by appearing closer than ever during outings with their kids and friends.
JENNETTE MCCURDY EXPLAINS WHY SHE IS NOT A ROLE MODEL
Jennette McCurdy, star of the recently axed Nickelodeon show Sam & Cat, does not want to be put on moral pedestal. The 22-year-old posted a lengthy note to Reddit last week to explain why she does not want to be anyone's role model.
Jennette wrote, "I am not a role model. I don't claim to be, I don't try to be, and I don't want to be. There was a time when I tried to live up to the aggrandizing title, that pedestal of a thing. Maybe it wasn't so much that I was trying to live up to it. Perhaps I thought I could and I thought I was supposed to, so I gave it my best shot. Its fine, I can admit it. Back in my adolescence, I was more amiable, bubbly, and on lightly humid days, maybe even flouncy. I was role model material and then some. Fast forward a few years, I've grown up a bit (emphasis on "a bit"). I might not be any wiser, but I like to think I'm more honest. With the growing I've done, I realize that to attempt to live up to the idea of being a role model is to set myself up for foregone failure. Sure, I've made some mistakes, but even if I hadn't, people would have found invisible ones."
- She added, "This world is one seemingly most keen on judgment and negativity, despite all the hearts and smiley emoticons. To remove myself from the role model battle, the falsified standard set by the bubblegum industry, is - in my eyes - to remove myself from the counterintuitive battle of attempting to be something perfect while being glaringly aware of my imperfections. Sure, I still love my teddy bears. I still love a heart emoji (the white heart in the pink box is my favorite) and I still have a soft spot for American Girl dolls. I still love a cute dress, a good pop song, and a vanilla-scented candle. But these things don't define me or determine that I am any kind of a role model. What defines a person as a role model is the way they live their life. And no offense, but none of you know how I live my life."
- McCurdy goes on to clarify that she did not write the letter to justify any kind of criminal behavior she takes part in but strongly believes that we should find our heroes in the right places -- not on screens.
- Jennette made headlines back in March when steamy photos of her leaked online. She blamed the incident on her ex, NBA star Andrew Drummond.
The Full Post: http://bit.ly/1umOiRH
HOLLYWOOD QUICK HITS
MIKE TYSON WANTS JAMIE FOXX TO PLAY HIM IN BIOPIC: Mike Tyson is currently promoting his Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth one man show but he's already thinking about a biopic. He told the Associated Press that he's been talking to Jamie Foxx about playing him. Tyson said, "Me and Jamie Foxx have been talking and he’s willing to take that role and portray me as Mike Tyson, doing my life story . . . I think he’s splendid because he’s really up to par. I think he would do a magnificent job." The boxer added, "I saw him the other night and we discussed it . . . He doesn’t have the physicality but he will. He’s able to get bulky, so he’s capable of doing it in the future."
STARS TURN OUT FOR RUSSELL SIMMONS' 'ART FOR LIFE' GALA: Rick Ross, Jojo Simmons, Angela Simmons, Star Jones, Soledad O'Brien, Gayle King, and others attended Russell Simmons; 'Art For Life' gala in the Hamptons on Saturday, July 26th. Naughty By Nature, Doug E. Fresh and Kurtis Blow attended the event.
ROMANY MALCO VISITS THREE AT RISK CENTERS: Actor Romany Malco visited three Detroit-based organizations for at-risk youth over the weekend. The actor said via Facebook, "DETROIT was a huge success. You and I DID THIS! Thanks to everyone who helped point me in the right direction. Though I was not able to take all of your suggestions, I will most definitely be back. I love these kids. I met with the following three organizations. The kids seemed grateful, open and receptive to my message. I was especially touched and look forward to doing more."
LIL WAYNE IS NOT MANAGING SOCCER SUPER STAR CRISTIANO RONALDO
Last week Lil Wayne announced that he was launching his own sports management agency in conjunction with PolarisSports, a company that is affiliated with CAA and portugeese, an organization that Cristiano Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes operates. Ronaldo, a Portuguese soccer super star, was suppose to be the company's first client.
- Well according to Ronaldo, he hasn't joined Wayne's company. He posted via Twitter on Saturday, July 26th, "There have been news about changes on my management team . . . it's all false, and I can assure the team is and will be the same."
- If and when Wayne officially launches his sports management company, his duties will include branding, marketing, modeling and getting endorsement deals.
REPORT: KENDRA WILKINSON IS DONE WITH HANK BASKETT
It appears that Kendra Wilkinson is cutting her losses and moving on from Hank Baskett. People is reporting that the former Playboy playmate hit the town for a girl's night over the weekend without her wedding ring.
A source revealed to the magazine, "They were celebrating a girlfriend's birthday. She wasn't on the prowl, but she was open to talking to guys and just having fun. Kendra was laughing and dancing with her group of friends. Everyone was having a great time." The insider added, "Hank and Kendra are on speaking terms, but she's still so mortified by the situation. The cheating happened before, but she's done with the marriage. It's more about the kids and the finances now. She's an optimistic person and wants people to know she's doing better, which is why she's going out."
- Kendra is allegedly only filming their relationship drama for TV because they are allegedly under contacts with the network to do so but she is reportedly eager to move on from the whole ordeal.
- Kendra's latest problems with Hank began when a transgender model came forward earlier this month claiming to have had an affair with him.
ADAM WEST WEIGHS IN ON BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN
Ben Affleck has the stamp of approval of a former Batman as he continues to shoot Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Adam West chatted with People at Comic-Con last week where he offered his opinion on the controversial casting choice as well as some advice for Ben.
He told the magazine, "My feeling is that Ben Affleck will be really good simply because he's a great talent. And I'd be very interested in seeing him in the role."
- The 85-year-old went on to discuss his time rocking the batsuit in the 60s saying, "The best part was just the fun and the laughs when you read the material, and you could really feel it coming to life, scene by scene. And I think for an actor, that part of the day when something really comes alive and begins to work. I'm really a lucky actor because I was able to be part of something that has that kind of longevity that you talk about. And I think that with each succeeding generation, the kids can watch with their parents or grandparents, and the kids grow up remembering the show well. And they pass it on to their kids."
DYLAN PENN SUPPORTS HER DAD'S NEW ROMANCE: Dylan Penn is fully supportive of her father Sean Penn's relationship with Charlize Theron. The 23-year-old chatted with Us about the romance saying, "They're a great couple. They're both very happy and yeah, I love it. They're both extremely strong personalities and they're very intelligent so conversation lasts between them." When asked about the rumor that Sean and Charlize are engaged, Dylan responded, "I heard that rumor. I don't even know. I have no idea." Theron was recently spotted rocking a ring reportedly worth $4,900 but sources say that she actually bought it for herself.
SCOTT DISICK IS STAYING SOBER FOR HIS FAMILY: Scott Disick's unborn child is reportedly his motivation for staying sober. The reality star has reportedly sworn off the bottle until his girlfriend, Kourtney Kardashian, welcomes their third child. A source told Us Weekly, "He stopped drinking cold turkey -- and promised he won't drink again until after Kourtney gives birth. Scott knew he had hit rock bottom." It was recently revealed that Disick was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning back in June.
PIPER PERABO IS MARRIED: Covert Affairs actress Piper Perabo married director-producer Stephen Kay in a ceremony in New York City on Saturday (June 26th.) The couple work together on the hit USA show. They announced their engagement back in September.
JAIME KING REVEALS SHE WENT THROUGH MAJOR FERTILITY ISSUES: Jaime King welcomed her first child, James Knight, back in October but her journey to motherhood was not an easy one. She took to Instagram on Friday (July 25th) to reveal her struggles saying, "For all the struggling women & moms out there that think they are alone -- This is the truth about conceiving my son and struggles after. 8 yrs of pain and undiagnosed PCOS & Endometriosis. 9 doctors until Dr. Randy Harris diagnosed me & saved my life from a severe ectopic, 5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF, 26 IUI's, most with no outcome, 4½ years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home, milk supply issues, painful mastitis, uncontrollable crying while breast feeding, worked until the day before I gave birth and went back after 6 weeks after because I was afraid of letting others down." The Hart of Dixie actress also added the hashtags #youarenotalone, #ihavetobebravetosupportothers, and #realtalkthatterrifiesus.
AUDRA MCDONALD ADMITS TO SUICIDE ATTEMPT IN COLLEGE: Tony-winner Audra McDonald recently sat down with Peter Travers where she revealed a dark time in her life when she tried to end her life. She explained, "When I was in college at Juilliard, I had a suicide attempt. I tried to slit my wrist." Audra added, "When someone is suicidal, one of the first things you have to do is to protect them from themselves. They had a mental-health facilitator there, a therapist there, and they checked me into a mental-health hospital, where I was for a month, and got me the help I needed." The 44-year-old is currently married with a teenage daughter and credits antidepressants as well as career opportunities for helping her through the difficult period.
MEGAN FOX UPSET OVER 'TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES' EDITING: Megan Fox's reunion with Michael Bay for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did not turn out the way she had hoped. The former Transformers star chatted with HitFlix at Comic Con over the weekend where she revealed she isn't too happy about some of the editing of her character, April O'Neil. She told the website, "A lot of girl power ended up on the cutting room floor, unfortunately. I had a really awesome scene where I was fighting The Foot Clan, but I think they were like, 'Why would a tiny journalist be able to kick so much ass?' So that got cut. But I have a moment, Shredder and I have a moment. Maybe it's badass, you tell me when you see it."
WHICH BIG NAMES ASKED TO BE ON 'BREAKING BAD'?: Breaking Bad casting directors Sharon Bialy and Sherry Thomas claim that there were some pretty big name actors eyeing roles on the AMC drama before it came to an end. They told E! News, "We didn't have the pressure from above to cast stars or names. It was really an honest process of having actors audition, and the person who best fulfilled the role and Vince Gilligan's vision got the part. Actually, by the end, there were so many actors who had called to say they were huge fans and wanted to be on the show and we couldn't use them because they were huge names. The late Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Michael Cera, there were so many, young and old, by the last season, actors calling and saying, 'I love the show and I want to be a part of it.'"
'SKULL ISLAND' MOVIE ANNOUNCED AT COMIC CON: Legendary pictures held a panel at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday (July 26th) where they announced plans for a King Kong spin-off film centered on his home, Skull Island. The studio also released a press release regarding the project saying, "Previous works have touched on the island, but staying and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions. The film will be released on November 4, 2016." The announcement sparked speculation that Legendary is building toward a King Kong vs. Godzilla movie.
MARY-LOUISE PARKER JOINS 'THE BLACKLIST': Former Weeds star Mary-Louise Parker is joining the second season of NBC's The Blacklist. She will be playing Naomi Hyland -- a strong woman who's been hiding a dark secret from her husband, one that will put them both in danger. The character has ties to James Spader's character, Reddington. Parker's character will first appear in the premiere airing on September 22nd.
'ORPHAN BLACK' STAR RESPONDS TO EMMY SNUB: Orphan Black star, Tatiana Maslany, isn't letting a primetime Emmy snub get her down. When asked at Comic Con about her feelings on getting award recognition, Maslany said, "We're at a point where television is extremely exciting. I just feel really lucky to be at this point in television history making a show like this." According to Huffington Post, her appearance at the convention was met with a standing ovation and security guards had to keep people from rushing the stage when the panel was over. The third season of Orphan Black will air on BBC America next year.