JOSH HARTNETT COULDN'T TAKE THE PRESSURES OF FAME
Josh Hartnett has found success in Hollywood once again with Showtime's Penny Dreadful but he admits that his sudden fame in the early 00's almost broke him.
The 36-year-old reveals in the new issue of Playboy, "The intensity of my sudden fame was overwhelming for me, and in the middle of that, I felt I couldn't trust any new person I met or their motives. I spent a lot of time back home in Minnesota with my friends and family. I did smaller movies, and I stopped working for a while. If I could go back and take with me my wisdom of today, I wish I'd been more resilient. I hope I wouldn't be as panicked as I was. Maybe I'd have known that no matter what people try to take from you, you don't have to give it to them. I've definitely grown a bit." Josh adds, "Fame can be a dangerous thing. It can destroy you. I used to put myself in positions where I spoke up when I probably should have been listening. When you're young and have convictions, and fame suddenly gives you a microphone, you think, I'm going to tell everybody how it is."
- Josh also addresses his history of dating co-stars saying, "I've met very important people in my life doing films. Sometimes that had consequences that were just awful for everybody involved. Some were fantastic all the way through. Everybody makes mistakes dating people they work with. They're whom I'm attracted to because I share experiences with them and understand a bit about what they are and what they do. If I were able to go back in time, I don't know if I could have done anything any different."
- He is currently linked to Tamsin Egerton and has previously dated Scarlett Johansson and Amanda Seyfried.
GWYNETH PALTROW ADMITS TO CHEATING ON HER FOOD STAMP CHALLENGE
Gwyneth Paltrow couldn't make it through her seven-day food stamp challenge. The actress was seen enjoying meals that were not part of her $29 haul of food that she shared on social media last Thursday (April 9th) and copped to the cheating on her GOOP website.
She wrote, "Last week, chef Mario Batali challenged me to raise awareness and money for the NYC Food Bank by trying to live on $29 dollars for the week (what low income families on SNAP are trying to survive on.) Dubious that I could complete the week, I donated to the Food Bank at the outset, and all of us at the goop office began the challenge. As I suspected, we only made it through about four days, when I personally broke and had some chicken and fresh vegetables (and in full transparency, half a bag of black licorice.) My perspective has been forever altered by how difficult it was to eat wholesome, nutritious food on that budget, even for just a few days -- a challenge that 47 million Americans face every day, week, and year."
- Gwyneth's post continued, "A few takeaways from the week were that vegetarian staples liked dried beans and rice go a long way, and we were able to come up with a few recipes on a super tight budget. After trying to complete this challenge (I would give myself a C-), I am even more outraged that there is still not equal pay in the workplace. Sorry to go on a tangent, but many hardworking mothers are being asked to do the impossible: Feed their families on a budget which can only support food businesses that provide low-quality food. The food system in our beautiful country needs to be subjected to a heavy revision -- it is a cyclical problem, with repercussions that we all feel. I'm not suggesting everyone eat organic food from some high horse in the sky. I'm saying everyone should be able to afford fresh, real food. And if women were paid an equal wage, families might have more of a choice in the grocery aisles, not to mention in the rest of their lives. I know hunger doesn't always touch us all directly -- but it does touch us all indirectly. After this week, I am even more grateful that I am able to provide high-quality food for my kids. Let's all do what we can to make this a basic human right and not a privilege."
- The Iron Man star was first called out for cheating on the challenge after she was seen at an $85 per plate barbecue dinner on Tuesday night (April 14th) as well as another charity dinner hosted by David and Victoria Beckham.
COPS PHYSICALLY REMOVED KIM RICHARDS FROM POLO LOUNGE
Kim Richards' sobriety was a major topic on this season's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and things have taken a turn. According to TMZ, the reality star was arrested early on Thursday morning after being physically removed from the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel for allegedly being too drunk and causing a scene.
Sources say Kim reeked of alcohol and was slurring her words while acting belligerent. A police source told Us Weekly, "Hotel security requested to make a Private Persons Arrest and BHPD officers entered the restroom and took her into custody. She was passively resisting and she was taken into custody on Private Person Arrest."
- Kim reportedly kicked one of the officers after she was taken to the station.
- She was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and being drunk in public. The officers gave her a citation at the station and she was released.
- Kim's sister, Kyle Richards, discussed their strained relationship with Us Weekly earlier this week in New York saying, "Unfortunately nothing was resolved at the reunion. I'm sad that it has come to this. I hope that with time Kim and I will be able to resolve things. Regardless of what we have gone through, I love my sister and her children. They are incredibly important to me."
GISELE BUNDCHEN WALKED HER FINAL RUNWAY SHOW
Gisele Bundchen is officially retired from the catwalk. The 34-year-old walked in her last show on Wednesday night (April 15th) for Colcci as part of Sao Paulo Fashion Week.
The world's highest-paid model shared a photo from early in her career on Instagram and wrote, "I am grateful that at 14, I was given the opportunity to start this journey. Today after 20 years in the industry, it is a privilege to be doing my last fashion show by choice and yet still be working in other facets of the business. #firstrunway #14yearsold" She also discussed the decision with Globo television saying in translation from Portuguese, "If your cup is full, how are you going to put more into it? I'm emptying my cup so I can put more things into it."
- As she made her final bow, other models in the show came out in jeans and T-shirts with her image on them.
- Gisele has modeled for Colcci since 2005.
- Her husband, Tom Brady, posted to Facebook on , "Congratulations Love of my Life. You inspire me every day to be a better person. I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished on the runway. I have never met someone with more of a will to succeed and determination to overcome any obstacle in the way. You never cease to amaze me. Nobody loves life more then you and your beauty runs much deeper then what the eye can see. I can't wait to see what's next. I love you. ?#GOAT? ?#thebestisyettocome?."
KENDALL JENNER STAYS MUM ON BRUCE'S TRANSITION: Kendall Jenner appears in the new issue of GQ where she chooses to remain silent on the gossip surrounding her father's transition. The 20-year-old tells the magazine, "That's not about me. That is not for me to answer. That's why this life is different. That's why this life isn't normal." Kendall goes on to discuss life in the spotlight saying, "My life was always different growing up. I mean, even before the show, my dad was who he is. He's an Olympic athlete. And we were going to premieres, like Finding Nemo premieres, and we would be little kids, like, before the show, walking down the red carpet."
CHRISSY TEIGEN REVEALS RACIST ENCOUNTER ON TWITTER: Chrissy Teigen took to Twitter on Thursday (April 16th) to share an encounter she had with a racist guy earlier in the day. She wrote, "I dropped my sunglasses this AM on Santa Monica blvd and this seemingly normal looking dude screaming 'f***ing ch**ks always dropping s**t'...like that's not even a stereotype. Get your s**t together. What a bad racist. We were the only ones on the block and he screamed it from the 5 feet away. Then when I acknowledged it he said 'oh now the oriental can hear.' Anyhoo, that was my morning! If you see a guy in weho wearing a brown suit jacket and jeans, probably avoid eye contact." Mindy Kaling responded to the story by writing, "WHAT?! That's an insanely hilarious new racism I've never heard of before. Congrats, sociologically."
ART STOLEN FROM CHARITY OF RECENTLY DECEASED 'SIMPSONS' CO-CREATOR: $400,000 worth of art was stolen from the Malibu foundation established by recently deceased Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon. Two paintings were taken including one by Roy Lichtenstein. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is currently looking into the matter. Sam died from cancer back in March. He was 59.
MICHAEL PHELPS IS RETURING TO SWIMMING: Michael Phelps is ready to get back into the pool. The Olympian held a press conference on Wednesday (April 15th) to discuss his return following a six-month suspension and rehab stint following his second DUI arrest. The 29-year-old told reporters, "I've hurt a lot of people and it's been terrible. For me, being able to move forward and being able to be back in the pool is something I'm very excited about. I understand that's going to take a lot of time, for me to be able to prove to whoever I need to prove to that I am different, that I have changed. This week will be the first week I can start that." Phelps is hoping to compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to add a few more gold medals to the 18 he has already won.
'SONS OF ANARCHY' STAR WILL BE A FATHER: Sons of Anarchy actor Theo Rossi is expecting a baby with his wife Meghan McDermott. He broke the story to E! News saying, "My wife Meghan and I are incredibly grateful. The baby is due on my birthday, and I couldn't ask for a more perfect gift. It's hectic right now. We are at Tribeca where we're promoting our production company's first film, Bad Hurt, and its premiere. Lots to celebrate right now. We don't know the sex of the baby. We want to be surprised. We are just enjoying every moment of this experience!" Theo's birthday is June 4th.
JERRY SEINFELD IS DONE WITH TV: Jerry Seinfeld may have one of the most successful sitcoms in history but he is not interested in returning to TV. He recently attended the first upfront event for Crackle -- the digital network that carries his show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Jerry told reporters, "TV is over. I did a TV show. I loved that experience. I really had the full experience that you could have on TV. And I thought if I wanted to do something else, I wanted to be a part of inventing a new experience for viewers." He added, "There's nothing different about what we're doing than what anyone else is doing on any media anywhere. TV networks are worried that you'll figure out TV is over and there's nothing special about it."
ANOTHER 'FRIDAY' MOVIE MAY BE ON THE WAY: Ice Cube revealed in a recent interview with The Wrap that he is totally down to do another Friday movie. He explained, "It's really up to the movie companies to step up. That's my dream. I think all the parties involved, all the people that have been in the franchise, people from the first one to the third one, want to do another one." This month marks the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Friday film. Theaters around the country are holding special screenings of the comedy on April 20th.
NEW DIRECTOR FOR 'WONDER WOMAN': Warner Bros. has tapped Patty Jenkins to step into the director's chair for Wonder Woman. Michelle MacLaren dropped out of the project earlier this week. Patty was once in talks to direct Thor 2 for Marvel Studios. She previously directed Charlize Theron's Oscar-winning performance in Monster.
NBC IS BRINGING BACK 'WIZARD OF OZ' SERIES: NBC has decided to continue developing Emerald City -- a 10-episode drama set in the world of Wizard of Oz. The story follows 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and her K9 police dog as they are transported to a much darker version of Oz than what appeared in the 1939 film version. The show was originally picked up to series in 2014 but the network ultimately passed on the project.
'STAR WARS' TRAILER HITS THE WEB: Star Wars fans were given a new peek at the upcoming Episode VII with a two-minute trailer that hit the web on Thursday (April 16th.) It features Luke Skywalker doing voiceover talking about how the Force runs strong in his family. The footage also shows Han Solo saying, "Chewie, we're home. to his wookie pal. Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters on December 18th.
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS' KIDS EAT LIKE ADULTS
Most young kids tend to enjoy a diet of chicken fingers and hot dogs but Neil Patrick Harris' kids, Gideon and Harper, prefer more sophisticated fare. The actor recently revealed to The New Potato that the four-year-olds he is raising with husband David Burtka have pretty refined palates.
Neil explained, "My kids are crazy eaters. They have incredible palates. Gideon eats everything you put in front of him. His passion for cooking and eating good food is in his soul. His favorite foods: Clams, sushi, octopus, grilled pork, steak, Parmesan cheese, ginger, mint, cinnamon and coconut. Harper likes very strong and briny flavors. Some of her favorites: Oysters, sardines, prosciutto, capers, duck liver, miso, and anything chocolate." David chimed in to add, "I cook for them a ton! I make ceviche and grilled fish a lot. We eat clams and mussels at least once a week, and I make a lot of sous vide proteins like pork chops, chicken, and fish to take out of the freezer in the morning and sear. I always have poached shrimp and blanched vegetables on hand. We also make tacos and quesadillas as a go-to."